Definición de cite en inglés:
- In scholarly literature, the number of times a journal article or a book is cited by other authors is regarded as an indicator of the relative influence or importance of the item.
- This book was cited most frequently by the leading authors.
- To answer that question, I want to cite a passage from the election statement of our party.
- And citing the examples I gave above, it's a doctrine with which I absolutely and completely disagree.
- Besides, one should not be citing historical examples.
- I'll stop citing examples now, else I'll most probably write a thesis.
- He played him in the centre of defence and cited the converted striker as one of the reasons that his side did not concede.
- The report also singled out the school's family support worker for praise and cited her work as an exemplar for other schools.
- So, should you be cited for heroism or indicted for homicide?
- She was cited, promised to appear at a March 27 court hearing in Malibu and then released about 1: 00 am on January 27.
- In one month, 500 police officers were cited, 280 were called but only five gave evidence.
- He was booked into jail, and he was cited for probable cause by the police that he may have committed an aggravated murder.
sustantivoUS Volver al principio
recite from Late Middle English:
This was first used as a legal term in the sense ‘state (a fact) in a document’, but the sense ‘repeat aloud something learned by heart’ soon followed. It comes via French from Latin recitare ‘read out’, from re- (a sense intensifier here) and citare ‘cite’, source of cite (Late Middle English) which originally meant to summon someone to court.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And if some of the twenty newly citable decisions aren't very carefully worded, then it may take still longer to fully evaluate them, and to craft an argument based on them.
- Their very individuality is citable as evidence for the prosecution.
- If foreign decisions were freely citable, it would mean that any judge wanting a supporting citation had only to troll deeply enough in the world's corpus juris to find it.
Palabras que riman con citeaffright, alight, alright, aright, bedight, bight, bite, blight, bright, byte, dight, Dwight, excite, fight, flight, fright, goodnight, height, ignite, impolite, indict, indite, invite, kite, knight, light, lite, might, mite, night, nite, outfight, outright, plight, polite, quite, right, rite, sight, site, skintight, skite, sleight, slight, smite, Snow-white, spite, sprite, tight, tonight, trite, twite, underwrite, unite, uptight, white, wight, wright, write
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.