sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
- A sharp-tasting crystalline acid present in the juice of lemons and other sour fruits. It is made commercially by the fermentation of sugar and used as a flavouring and setting agent.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A tribasic acid; chemical formula: C6H8O7
- Addition of an acid such as citric acid (found in lemon juice) or cream of tartar (which contains tartaric acid) also enhances inversion.
- Place the sugar, citric acid and tartaric acid in a large bowl (non-metallic is probably best).
- Most mixtures of low-acid and acid foods also have pH values above 4.6 unless their recipes include enough lemon juice, citric acid, or vinegar to make them acid foods.
Más definiciones de citric acidDefinición de citric acid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.