sustantivo (plural citruses)
1A tree of a genus that includes citron, lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit. Native to Asia, citrus trees are cultivated in warm countries for their fruit.
- Genus Citrus, family Rutaceae.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Orchards carpet the land in parts of California, and oranges, lemons, limes, and other citrus are familiar trees in home gardens.
- It also offers a variety of tropical plants, including bromeliads, bougainvillea, citrus, hibiscus, and orchids.
- Rhododendrons, most heathers, camellias, pieris, skimmia, citrus and many others must have acid soil.
1.1 (also citrus fruit) A fruit from a citrus tree: [as modifier]: citrus extracts
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He and hundreds of farmers and their workers are caught up in strict quarantine measures designed to ensure the bacterial disease doesn't spread to the bigger citrus fruit growing areas in other States.
- This citrus fruit has an invigorating scent that energizes while helping to relieve tension, frustration, irritability and moodiness.
- Slice thinly or mince the citrus fruit and add water.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Pomelo, a citrous fruit, is generally favourite to consumers for its taste and high nutritional value.
- The present invention relates to the squeezing of lemons, oranges and other citrous fruits for the purpose of obtaining juice to be consumed as beverages.
- But if the restrictions were removed, loud would be the angry cries of the U.S. growers of citrous fruits, of U.S. labor, U.S. bootleggers.
citrusy (also citrussy) adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The women liked this fragrance because it was citrusy, fruity, sharp and wearable.
- We were stuffed after all that plus some Sapporo, so we found it a nice touch to end the meal with a carved orange, perfectly citrusy on the tongue, after experiencing so many foreign flavours.
- The limes add dimensions of flavour beyond tart or citrusy.
Latin, 'citron tree, thuja'.
Palabras que riman con citruscitrous
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: cit¦rus
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda