- Such concerns pushed civic leaders toward municipal control of those networks.
- Perhaps a few people involved in civic administration might feel more important if we became a city but I oppose the idea.
- Why has a city of 14 million allowed a civic administration of a few thousand to hold it to ransom?
- The aim of the competition is to recognise improvements made by local communities to create civic pride in their area.
- There is no older civic duty than public participation in the law.
- The least satisfactory aspect concerned the civic virtue of locals.
mid 16th century: from French civique or Latin civicus, from civis 'citizen'. The original use was in civic garland, crown, etc., translating Latin corona civica, denoting a garland of oak leaves and acorns given in ancient Rome to a person who saved a fellow citizen's life.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This ignorance and lack of involvement civically is a problem for a functioning democracy, which requires participation of the governed.
- If not civically engaged, what is one's status in a democratic society?
- Extracurricular activities have long been known to contribute to students' tendencies to become and remain civically engaged, even after decades have passed.