- 1The state of being subject only to laws established for the good of the community, especially with regard to freedom of action and speech: under Conservative rule civil liberty became seriously eroded [as modifier]: civil liberty groupsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The existing law about involuntary commitment is the result of a long dialectic between an attitude of paternalism toward the mentally ill and ideals of personal freedom and civil liberty.
- Sound money systems are essential to civil liberty, real freedom, and private property rights, including real estate.
- This is excellent news and a triumph for civil liberty and freedom of choice.
- 1.1 (civil liberties) A person’s rights to be subject only to laws established for the good of the community: growing threats to our civil libertiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The title of this book refers to both civil liberties and human rights.
- It ended Gandhi's emergency legislation, and restored civil liberties and free speech.
- The power of judicial review has allowed the Supreme Court to protect civil liberties within America.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The legislation has achieved far more than its civil libertarian critics initially expected, if far less than they would wish.
- And in my opinion, defense attorneys here and civil libertarians are more interested in their client's safety than our country's safety.
- Conservative libertarians share concerns about government infringement on individual civil liberties with progressive civil libertarians.
Más definiciones de civil libertyDefinición de civil liberty en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.