Definición de civilian en inglés:
- Eight more police and two civilians died when their vehicles ran over mines.
- The awards are made to civilians and police officers who put their lives at risk to save others.
- People were brutally assaulted by police, and by civilians who acted in collusion to them.
- Many civilians outside the wonderful world of the City, having been lectured about their overdrafts, assumed that the banks were paragons of financial conservatism.
- Was he a civilian or a celebrity?
- People in show business refer to those outside of it as civilians.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- We have an ethical duty to avoid civilian casualties wherever possible.
- Counterfeit papers and civilian clothes were produced for use by escapees.
- Most soldiers mix the uniform with civilian clothes because items are out of stock.
late Middle English (denoting a practitioner of civil law): from Old French civilien, in the phrase droit civilien 'civil law'. The current sense arose in the early 19th century.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.