Definición de clangour en inglés:
A continuous loud banging or ringing sound: he went deaf because of the clangour of the steam hammers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cacophonous clangor grows louder and louder.
- Industrial progress in Chicago produced loud sounds, whether the thrum of machinery, the clangor of busy loading docks, or the cries of brawny laborers.
- On the other side, you can see and hear the whole old city of Kabul, with the laughter of children, the clangor of metalsmiths, and the chanting from the Shi'ite mosque reverberating up through the clear, dry air.
late 16th century: from Latin clangor, from clangere 'resound'.
- Example sentences
- Now the book told of ‘the clangorous sound of a knight's shield falling to the ground’ - and once again, just as the words left his lips, the Narrator heard a distinct metallic ringing noise.
- From the first chord until the last, Strauss' music is laden with tension, and while it is certainly clangorous, it can hardly be considered atonal these days.
- A clangorous noise from the kitchen announced that Stoen had found the food cupboard, and was looting it for all it was worth.
Definición de clangour en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan