Definición de clapper en inglés:
The tongue or striker of a bell.
- Magister Rumbold Crucible woke up feeling that someone had been using his head as a bell clapper which, he groggily reasoned, probably accounted for the sickening swaying sensation as well.
- The town crier, in trying to ring out the Prince's arrival, found the clapper of his bell stuck fast.
- They will now be taken to Nottingham, where the bells and the clappers themselves will be refurbished.
like the clappers
- British informal Very fast or very hard: she ran off like the clappersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It was really good money and we just used to go like the clappers to get the job done as quickly as possible.
- The windscreen wipers are going like the clappers, their constant thwack/thwack reminding me of Janet Leigh driving through the torrential rain in Psycho, just before she checks out forever.
- Parents, pupils, governors and staff worked like the clappers throughout the school's centenary year in 2002 to raise money to pay for the refurbishment of the original school calling bell.
Definición de clapper en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan