Definición de claret en inglés:
1A red wine from Bordeaux, or wine of a similar character made elsewhere: a passable bottle of claret [count noun]: the prices of 1990 clarets
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His cellar in Glasgow is still filled with clarets, Champagnes, white Burgundies and Gaja Barbarescos, most of them bought in London.
- One wine writer of the old school refused to partner his great vintage clarets with smelly French cheeses, believing the pair to clash horribly.
- True to form, the finished 2003 wines delivered record-breaking levels of tannin, sugar and alcohol; many châteaux have made clarets weighing in at 15 per cent-plus alcohol, as in Australia and California.
1.1A deep purplish-red colour.
- ‘They can wear rich, jewel-like colours such as claret, emerald or very, very deep creams,’ she advises.
- Floral tributes - from a single white rose to huge bouquets of mixed blooms - left the memorial covered with a carpet of the club's colours of claret and amber as flowers, shirts and scarves were laid in memory of those who died.
- Matthew's character Neville and Harry Potter are both in Gryffyndor house whose team colours are claret and amber.
1.2 archaic , informal Blood.
Definición de claret en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary