- 1A woodwind instrument with a single-reed mouthpiece, a cylindrical tube with a flared end, and holes stopped by keys.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My mother played some piano and my father was able to play violin, some piano, saxophone, clarinet, trumpet and trombone.
- Because the bore is cylindrical, clarinets are much cheaper to make than oboes.
- The instruments all stopped except a clarinet, which gave a loud squeak.
- 1.1An organ stop with a tone resembling that of a clarinet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the theatre organ, the Clarinet is the most common reed after the Vox Humana and Trumpet.
clarinettist (US clarinetist)
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- British composers were especially lucky in their clarinetists, oboists, horn players, and violists.
- He was a fine teacher, wonderful jazz clarinettist and painter, and above all rightly described by all who are familiar with his work as a prodigious composer.
- One of the great jazz clarinetists and band leaders, he justifiably was crowned ‘the king of swing’.
mid 18th century: from French clarinette, diminutive of clarine, denoting a kind of bell; related to clarion.
Más definiciones de clarinetDefinición de clarinet en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.