- A pair of appendages under the abdomen of a male shark or ray, or at the end of the abdomen of a male insect, used to hold the female during copulation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- No specimens with male claspers, either fully or partially developed, were detected.
- In males, the first two pairs of thoracic appendages are hooked and serve as claspers during mating.
- Note that the ‘rudimentary legs’ on some snakes are acknowledged as having a function during reproduction, as claspers during copulation.
Más definiciones de claspersDefinición de claspers en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.