- 1Relating to ancient Greek or Latin literature, art, or culture: classical mythology classical LatinMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He teaches Greek and Latin at all levels, along with courses in classical mythology and Greek literature and culture.
- However, there were other Church Fathers who defended the value of studying classical literature and philosophy.
- But the balance in the secondary schools of Europe was overwhelmingly in favour of classical culture.
- 1.1(Of art or architecture) influenced by ancient Greek or Roman forms or principles: the classical house at Buscot ParkMás ejemplos en oraciones
- An educational program was set up, and promising youth were sent on government-sponsored tours of Europe to learn about classical art and architecture.
- Here, his great palace imitated and even incorporated examples of late classical art and architecture.
- I'd been traveling across Greece and Turkey with a small group of college students, studying Byzantine and classical art and architecture.
- 2Representing an exemplary standard within a traditional and long-established form or style: classical balletMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This piece is also the furthest from the traditional style of classical ballet and offers a good reflection of the state of contemporary ballet.
- But one thing is clear: The mood is frivolous, with most designers steering clear of traditional and classical styles and opting instead for adventure.
- It is within such a classical critical tradition of a crisis of ideology that the declining confrontations of labor and capital has brought more radical consequences.
- 2.1Relating to the first significant period of an area of study: classical mechanicsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Within the field of religion or area studies, there is a difference between emphases in the classical or modern period.
- Did you feel like you were coming in at the last moment of the classical Hollywood period?
- As was common throughout the classical period of Indian mathematics, members of the family acted as teachers to other family members.
- 3 Physics Relating to or based upon concepts and theories which preceded the theories of relativity and quantum mechanics; Newtonian: classical physicsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The second term you may recognize to be the kinetic energy of classical Newtonian physics.
- Like all his contemporaries, Hawking was brought up, as a scientist, on the classical ideas of Newton and on relativity theory and quantum physics in their original forms.
- Newton's Law of Gravitation was the beginning of classical field theory.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our oil paintings have different styles such as classicalism, impressionism and realism.
- At the beginning of the 19th century, for example, the ‘newer’ paradigm of positivism emerged to challenge the ‘older’ paradigm of classicalism.
- The artist used a combination of impressionism and classicalism.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The black and white pictures on the wall emulate the sense of classicality.
- After early, Busoni-influenced attempts to ‘reconcile expressionism with new classicality’, Wolpe's music took a more political turn during the early 1930s.
- He postulates that complexity is the key to understanding the emergence of classicality.
- [as submodifier]: the classically beautiful lines of her faceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The simple lines of his classically inspired designs are very much in vogue today and his designs still stand out on Glasgow's landscape.
- He also likes the Edwardian era with its classically feminine lines.
- Emotional expression isn't sacrificed to the demands of classically beautiful tone.
See classic (usage)