- 1Arranged in classes or categories: a classified catalogue of booksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Robert Teesdale, head gardener for Lord Carlisle at Castle Howard, compiled a classified catalogue of 197 rare plants in 1794.
- They admitted a ‘technical glitch’ caused two North Yorkshire towns to be missed out of the new classified section of the phone book.
- It appears that at least two classified books were used in this system.
- 1.1 [attributive] (Of newspaper or magazine advertisements) organized in categories according to what is being advertised: classified advertisements the classified columns of the newspaperMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He bought all the motorbike magazines and newspapers with classified ads and invited private sellers to display their bikes in his shops.
- Pointing out that the newspaper carries 4,000 classified advertisements every day, he said the massage section was probably the smallest part.
- Take along your unwanted goods and sell them for instant cash, which beats selling via the classified adverts in newspapers, car boot sales or over the Internet.
- 1.2British (Of a road) assigned to a category according to its importance within the overall system of road numbering.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The more important of the non-principal classified roads are numbered with a ‘B’ prefix.
- They were concerned that the property had encroached on a classified road, thereby reducing the width.
- 2(Of information or documents) designated as officially secret and accessible only to authorized people: classified information on nuclear experimentsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is very serious if they were collecting and disseminating cheap political dirt from a classified document labeled ‘secret.’
- Think about a powerful government official leaking sensitive classified information to the press solely to discredit a critic of the government's policy.
- I should mention here that merely having a certain level of Security Clearance does not mean one is authorized to view classified information.
sustantivo(classifieds) Volver al principio
- Small advertisements placed in a newspaper and organized in categories.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Here's an example: The general merchandise categories of newspaper classifieds are among the most threatened.
- Such tickets used to be advertised regularly in newspaper classifieds.
- Nonrefundable tickets used to be regularly advertised in the newspaper classifieds.
Más definiciones de classifiedDefinición de classified en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.