(also clientism /ˈklʌɪəntɪz(ə)m/)
Definición de clientelism en inglés:
A social order which depends on relations of patronage: the political culture is steeped in corruption and clientelism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The country still suffers from extensive clientelism, patronage, and corruption in anything the government does.
- Novel aspects of state society relations such as clientelism and patrimonialism were opened up to inquiry.
- Extended kinship relations may create clientelism and protectionism as well as organized crime.
1970s: from Italian clientelismo 'patronage system'.
- Example sentences
- Elections were controlled through a clientelistic system based on the influence of landowners who thus wielded considerable power.
- Fascism thus laid the foundation for the post-war creation of a sectional and clientelistic system of welfare.
- The two majority parties have a long tradition of populist politics and they are quite prone to create clientelistic relations.
Definición de clientelism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia