(also clientism /ˈklʌɪəntɪz(ə)m/)
- A social order which depends on relations of patronage: the political culture is steeped in corruption and clientelismMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The country still suffers from extensive clientelism, patronage, and corruption in anything the government does.
- Novel aspects of state society relations such as clientelism and patrimonialism were opened up to inquiry.
- Extended kinship relations may create clientelism and protectionism as well as organized crime.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Elections were controlled through a clientelistic system based on the influence of landowners who thus wielded considerable power.
- Fascism thus laid the foundation for the post-war creation of a sectional and clientelistic system of welfare.
- The two majority parties have a long tradition of populist politics and they are quite prone to create clientelistic relations.
1970s: from Italian clientelismo 'patronage system'.
Más definiciones de clientelismDefinición de clientelism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.