- 1A continuum with an infinite number of gradations from one extreme to the other: a point along a cline of activityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In sober fact, just for those moments, the cline between two weathers must I suppose have been only a couple of hundred yards wide and it just happened to coincide with the track.
- Is there evidence of broad or narrow clines in vocal characters?
- 1.1 Biology A gradation in one or more characteristics within a species or other taxon, especially between different populations.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are numerous examples of population differentiation in body size and development time along latitudinal and elevational clines.
- Even within a subspecies, vocalizations vary between sample points in a manner consistent with points along a cline.
- In that study, the deflexus characters were reported to change to inflexus, and to coincide with a reduction in flower size along the geographical cline.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In contrast to the weak clinal pattern in wet weight, wing area showed strong negative slopes with T cline at all rearing temperatures.
- The null clinal pattern would be supported by a negative relationship between T cline, and wing loading, as we have observed for T cline, and size.
- Scatterplots show that those variables are related differently in the three putative species and appear not to vary in a clinal fashion.
1930s: from Greek klinein 'to slope'.
Más definiciones de clineDefinición de cline en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.