Definición de cline en inglés:
1A continuum with an infinite number of gradations from one extreme to the other: a point along a cline of activity
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In sober fact, just for those moments, the cline between two weathers must I suppose have been only a couple of hundred yards wide and it just happened to coincide with the track.
- Is there evidence of broad or narrow clines in vocal characters?
1.1 Biology A gradation in one or more characteristics within a species or other taxon, especially between different populations.
- There are numerous examples of population differentiation in body size and development time along latitudinal and elevational clines.
- Even within a subspecies, vocalizations vary between sample points in a manner consistent with points along a cline.
- In that study, the deflexus characters were reported to change to inflexus, and to coincide with a reduction in flower size along the geographical cline.
1930s: from Greek klinein 'to slope'.
- Example sentences
- In contrast to the weak clinal pattern in wet weight, wing area showed strong negative slopes with T cline at all rearing temperatures.
- The null clinal pattern would be supported by a negative relationship between T cline, and wing loading, as we have observed for T cline, and size.
- Scatterplots show that those variables are related differently in the three putative species and appear not to vary in a clinal fashion.
Words that rhyme with clinealign, assign, benign, brine, chine, combine, condign, confine, consign, dine, divine, dyne, enshrine, entwine, fine, frontline, hardline, interline, intertwine, kine, Klein, line, Main, malign, mine, moline, nine, on-line, opine, outshine, pine, Rhein, Rhine, shine, shrine, sign, sine, spine, spline, stein, Strine, swine, syne, thine, tine, trine, twine, Tyne, underline, undermine, vine, whine, wine
Definición de cline en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan