- The sound of a horse’s hoofs beating on a hard surface: the clip-clop of horseshoes ringing against the roadwayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For a moment the only sound was the clip-clop of hooves on the tarmac.
- It was calm and peaceful; the only sound was the clip-clop of the horses' hooves and the chirping of the birds.
- I smiled, looking at Brandon as he clapped his hands together making a clip-clop of horse's hooves.
verbo[no object, with adverbial of direction] Volver al principio
- Move with a clip-clop: the horses clip-clopped slowly along the streetMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Carriages being pulled by horses clip-clopped along the coble streets and their masters whipped them to pick up the pace.
- As the horses clip-clopped along, their riders sat relaxed, talking animatedly.
- Last night there were 15 or 20 police on horses clip-clopping down my street at 11.30 p.m., keeping children and everyone else awake.
late 19th century: imitative.
Más definiciones de clip-clopDefinición de clip-clop en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.