sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Muscular spasm involving repeated, often rhythmic, contractions: the patient suffered partial seizures accompanied with clonus in the left arm
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Medication is indicated when stiffness, spasms, or clonus interferes with function or sleep.
- Physical examination revealed left ankle clonus, positive Babinski sign on the left, and left lower extremity weakness.
- The patient should be tested for deep tendon reflexes and clonus.
early 19th century: from Greek klonos 'turmoil'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All 15 patients had generalised rhythmic myoclonic ‘seizures’ but eight had also had focal clonic episodes affecting various sites.
- A two-year-old girl presented with a generalized seizure with tonic - clonic movements of all extremities.
- Occasionally, mild clonic seizures occur, but a seizure work-up is not indicated unless other signs point in this direction.
Definición de clonus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.