Definición de clonus en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Muscular spasm involving repeated, often rhythmic, contractions: the patient suffered partial seizures accompanied with clonus in the left arm
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Medication is indicated when stiffness, spasms, or clonus interferes with function or sleep.
- Physical examination revealed left ankle clonus, positive Babinski sign on the left, and left lower extremity weakness.
- The patient should be tested for deep tendon reflexes and clonus.
early 19th century: from Greek klonos 'turmoil'.
- Example sentences
- All 15 patients had generalised rhythmic myoclonic ‘seizures’ but eight had also had focal clonic episodes affecting various sites.
- A two-year-old girl presented with a generalized seizure with tonic - clonic movements of all extremities.
- Occasionally, mild clonic seizures occur, but a seizure work-up is not indicated unless other signs point in this direction.
Definición de clonus en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan