Definición de clostridium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural clostridia /-dɪə/)Biology
An anaerobic bacterium of a large genus that includes many pathogenic species, e.g. those causing tetanus, gas gangrene, botulism, and other forms of food poisoning.
- Bacteria of the genus clostridium kill more wild birds each year than any other germ, animal health officials said.
- Individual inquests into some of the deaths also established the cause of death as a strain of anaerobic bacterium, know as clostridium.
- Postoperatively, blood cultures were positive for gram-positive rods, and ultimately severe sepsis due to clostridium developed.
- Example sentences
- Calves were vaccinated against clostridial bacteria at approximately 60 days of age.
- These dietary conditions lead to rapid multiplication of the clostridial bacteria in the gut of the sheep.
- All heifers received routine health management, which included deworming and vaccination for clostridial and respiratory diseases.
Definición de clostridium en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan