Definición de clostridium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural clostridia klɒˈstrɪdɪə)Biology
An anaerobic bacterium of a large genus that includes many pathogenic species, e.g. those causing tetanus, gas gangrene, botulism, and other forms of food poisoning.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Bacteria of the genus clostridium kill more wild birds each year than any other germ, animal health officials said.
- Individual inquests into some of the deaths also established the cause of death as a strain of anaerobic bacterium, know as clostridium.
- Postoperatively, blood cultures were positive for gram-positive rods, and ultimately severe sepsis due to clostridium developed.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Calves were vaccinated against clostridial bacteria at approximately 60 days of age.
- These dietary conditions lead to rapid multiplication of the clostridial bacteria in the gut of the sheep.
- All heifers received routine health management, which included deworming and vaccination for clostridial and respiratory diseases.
Definición de clostridium en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda