- 1Items worn to cover the body: he stripped off his clothes baby clothes [as modifier]: a clothes shopMás ejemplos en oraciones
clothing, garments, articles of clothing/dress, attire, garb; dress, wear, wardrobe; outfit, costume, turnout; fineryNorth American • informal threads• formal apparel• archaic vestments
- Meanwhile, the sister is trying to maintain standards and dignity, washing her clothes and covering her body.
- ‘I now feel more comfortable and relaxed at work wearing casual clothes,’ she said.
- His face was so pale, and the oil almost covered his body and clothes completely.
- 2Bedclothes: Rosie got into bed and pulled the clothes up to her noseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They would be awakened by a weight pressing on them, or the clothes would be pulled from the bed, or they would hear the sound of a dress sweeping the floor.
Old English clāthas, plural of clāth (see cloth).