- Inform on someone; tell tales: the scam went on for two weeks until disgruntled neighbours clyped on himMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This caused a wry smile among some of her Cabinet colleagues as the culture minister has earned a reputation - unfair, I'm sure - for clyping on fellow ministers to Jack McConnell.
- It was like asking Freemasons to clype on their grandmaster.
- Cereal and scrambled eggs have left her chirpy enough to clype on two friends who came to watch her play here last year but did not manage to leave the sumptuous swimming pool.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- An informer.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Let's not give these wee clypes the opportunity to nick our wheels.
- Schoolchildren, with the natural moral sense of the young, have always detested "clypes".
- The boys also built a snow house which was used to punish clypes.
early 18th century: obscurely developed from Old English cleopian 'call', of Germanic origin.