Definición de coalesce en inglés:
- The separate voices coalesced into joyous chorus.
- The love they had shared, the love that renewed with each passing day and moments of togetherness had coalesced into a raging fury of hatred and contempt.
- Since our solar system is believed to have formed when dust and ice bands circling the sun coalesced into planets, this may help scientists understand how solar systems are created.
- We must build a new, electoral bloc, coalescing the parties and individuals of the left; a coalition that will combine grassroots activism with electoral strategy.
- It is understood the leaked report will recommend a single authority for the whole region, meaning that most boards will be coalesced or abolished.
- Even though he was a Democrat, he was the hero of Franklin Roosevelt for the way he coalesced the war effort between 1941 and 1945.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The short-duration ones are likely to come from the coalescence of compact objects like neutron stars or black holes.
- Rural buffer policy is designed to prevent new development that might lead to the coalescence between towns and villages.
- Unless this oxide film is removed before and during welding it will interfere with the coalescence of the parent plate and filler material.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The tree is created according to the proper coalescent process.
- The statistical significance of a number of population genetic tests was obtained by coalescent simulation.
- This reflects an underlying starlike genealogy in which all of the coalescent events occurred in a narrow time window.
Mid 16th century: from Latin coalescere 'grow together', from co- (from cum 'with') + alescere 'grow up' (from alere 'nourish').
alimony from early 17th century:
Today alimony means ‘provision for a husband or wife after divorce’ (what is usually called maintenance in Britain). Originally, though, in the early 17th century, it simply meant ‘nourishment or means of subsistence’. It comes from Latin alere ‘nourish’, which is the root of words such as adolescent, alimentary (Late Middle English) and coalesce (mid 16th century) ‘grow up, nourish together’.
Palabras que riman con coalesceacquiesce, address, assess, Bess, bless, bouillabaisse, caress, cess, chess, compress, confess, convalesce, cress, deliquesce, digress, dress, duchesse, duress, effervesce, effloresce, evanesce, excess, express, fess, finesse, fluoresce, guess, Hesse, impress, incandesce, intumesce, jess, largesse, less, manageress, mess, ness, noblesse, obsess, oppress, outguess, phosphoresce, politesse, possess, press, priestess, princess, process, profess, progress, prophetess, regress, retrogress, stress, success, suppress, tendresse, top-dress, transgress, tress, tristesse, underdress, vicomtesse, yes
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.