Definición de coarctate en inglés:
adjetivochiefly Anatomy & Biology
1Pressed close together; contracted; compressed.
- As compared to the ascending aorta, 30-50% narrowing was seen in the coarctate segment in 3 cases.
- Formally, the epoxidation of alkenes with peracids can also be considered a coarctate reaction.
- The ring opening is an eight-electron, Möbius, conrotatory process, not the six-electron, Huckel process described by Herges in his original work describing coarctate orbital topology.
1.1 Entomology (Of the pupa of certain flies) formed within and remaining concealed by the larval cuticle or puparium.
- The coarctate or pseudopupal stages are those in which hibernation or diapause occurs most frequently.
- The coarctate is immobile and strongly sclerotized, and it has reduced mouthparts, legs, and musculature.
- A pupa covered by the hardened 3rd larval skin is known as a coarctate pupa..
late Middle English: from Latin coarctatus, past participle of coarctare 'press or draw together'.
Definición de coarctate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan