- I can see the depths of his chestnut eyes, the coarse texture of his jet black hair, and the shape of his slightly muscular figure.
- He was a rather tall boy with a head full of coarse black hair.
- Her coarse black hair was pulled into two cute pigtails, and she smiled shyly.
- Water used for domestic purposes can be easily recycled by passing it through layers of charcoal and coarse sand.
- If your soil is poorly drained, it may be necessary to put a little coarse sand at the base of the hole.
- Beneath these lies a floor of coarse granite sand and broken shell.
- At a microscopic scale, at the surface of the deposit, coarse particles roll on a deposit of fine particles as a result of particle segregation.
- Some biologic links between coarse particles and exacerbation of respiratory problems support these findings.
- Grain orientation also plays a large part in determining toughness of alloys containing coarse particles.
- His facial features were coarse, his hands were spade-like, and his feet were large.
- The male figures here, as before, are represented as coarse, even brutal in feature.
- From the servants I had heard that she was very coarse looking and rude.
- The food was meager, coarse bread and a single cup of water along with a small bowl of some kind of stew, long gone cold.
- A Chinese hostess will usually say to her guests she has nothing to offer them but some coarse food and plain tea.
- The Romans considered the leek a superior vegetable, unlike onions and garlic which were despised as coarse foods for the poor.
- You are never coarse or vulgar, and people who display such traits offend you.
- A crude culture makes a coarse people, and private refinement cannot long survive public excess.
- He sees a woman much like himself, a coarse merchant's daughter who guffaws loudly at a dirty joke.
- The Internet has made a huge difference to acquiring information on many subjects, including angling, and the coarse anglers over here have their own club and national sites on the Net.
- Many more anglers are now going out fly fishing for the coarse and sea fish species.
- You can also increase your catch numbers by copying our coarse fishing colleagues and employing swim feeders.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Chop the olives, anchovy and capers, add the crushed garlic - it should have a coarsish texture.
- While they are growing and developing their coats will be coarsish and reddish in colour.
- The coat should be flat and dense, of a coarsish texture and oily nature, and capable of resisting water.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'ordinary or inferior'): origin uncertain; until the 17th century identical in spelling with course, and possibly derived from the latter in the sense 'ordinary manner'.
Palabras que riman con coarsecorse, course, divorce, endorse (US indorse), enforce, force, gorse, hoarse, horse, morse, Norse, perforce, reinforce, sauce, source, torse
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: coarse
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.