- 1Coarse in texture or grain: coarse-grained soilMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The soup was outstanding - rich, thick, with a lovely, coarse-grained texture and a flavour of tomatoes overlain with a hint of what seemed like orange or carrot.
- One learns to look along the perimeters of fossil woodpiles, where the sediments still demonstrate the appropriate coarse-grained textures.
- Ordinary coarse-grained metals deform when parts of a grain slip past one another as extra planes of atoms, called dislocations, move through the material.
- 1.1(Of photographic film) having a noticeably grainy appearance.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When miniature cameras first appeared, Rodinal fell out of favor because the early 35 mm films were very coarse-grained.
- Since it was produced for television, Scenes from a Marriage was shot on 16 mm, and the DVD transfer has the coarse-grained look inherent in the small film stock.
- 1.3Rough rather than detailed or precise: a very coarse-grained approximation of what is actually going onMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus, to make any progress one has to resort to more coarse-grained models.
- It is based on a coarse-grained elastic network model.
- In order to hide the internal application model, the endpoints must expose coarse-grained interfaces that reduce the number of interactions.
Más definiciones de coarse-grainedDefinición de coarse-grained en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.