- 1An organization keeping watch on coastal waters in order to assist people or ships in danger and to prevent smuggling: the speedy response of the coastguard [as modifier]: a coastguard stationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The crew's lack of English added to the difficulties to the rescue and an interpreter was brought in at Stornoway coastguard station to assist.
- Two men said to have a ‘history of hijacking’ were arrested when the coastguard boarded a cruise ship 20 miles off Miami.
- It is unclear how the man got into the water but the coastguard were alerted by Essex Police, who had been called by members of the public.
- 1.1chiefly British A member of the coastguard organization: four yachtsmen were saved by coastguards after their vessel floodedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Crew members contacted Shetland coastguards to alert them and the trawler's sister vessel, the MFV Falcon was called to assist.
- No, it's the fishermen, seamen, coastguards and the like, those trained to scan the surface of the water, who spot these peculiar apparitions.
- However, there was an oil slick, life rings and life rafts visible when coastguards reached the site.
Más definiciones de coastguardDefinición de coastguard en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.