Definición de coat-tail en inglés:
Each of the flaps formed by the back of a tailcoat.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He wears a top hat and coat-tails, and white spats on shoes the color of Alaskan hematite.
- The exotically-titled serjeant at arms - leader of the men who wear black coat-tails and tights, and responsible for security - could well fall on his sword.
- Vettriano has changed the chairs, restyled the diner's hair to reveal more of the nape of her neck and reshaped the men's coat-tails to show the wind licking at them.
ride (on) the coattails of
- Benefit from the success of (another), sometimes undeservedly: you can compete with me, but you can’t do so by riding on my coat-tailsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Because when you've only been on one station and you've worked with very experienced people, inevitably you ride on their coat-tails.
- What sort of a book was going to be produced by a couple of guys who were trying to come in on Dan Brown 's coat-tails?
- Larry has a very clear moral standpoint: ‘You can compete with me, but you can't do so by riding on my coat-tails.
Definición de coat-tail en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán