Definición de coca en inglés:
1A tropical American shrub grown for its leaves, which are the source of cocaine.
- Erythroxylum coca, family Erythroxylaceae
- The Dutch colonial houses were graceful and large, set back amid cocas, kanary, and nutmeg trees, while the rest of the small town lay half hidden in the foliage of palms.
- The idea is to try and drive back the guerrillas and move in to spray the coca and poppies.
- The crop-substitution programs begun by the government offer crops to replace the coca.
1.1 [mass noun] The dried leaves of the coca shrub, which are mixed with lime and chewed as a stimulant by the indigenous people of western South America.
- Moments of grace come easier if you're acullicando, as the descendants of the Tiwanaku empire of Bolivia and Peru call chewing coca.
- More than 14,800 tons of toxic chemicals are dumped into the Amazon jungle every year as traffickers turn coca into raw cocaine paste.
- In others, village growers simply find it more remunerative to sell coca to drug dealers than to market pineapples at the local mercado.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan