A slender long-crested Australian parrot related to the cockatoos, with a mainly grey body, white shoulders, and a yellow and orange face.
- Nymphicus hollandicus, family Cacatuidae (or Psittacidae)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Parrot fever is a bacterial disease that affects more than 100 species of wild and domestic birds, including parrots, macaws, cockatiels and parakeets.
- When the aviary was smashed, the parrots, cockatiels and lovebirds took flight.
- The bird sanctuary has been inundated with calls from people who have spotted cockatiels, budgies and parrots that have been released into the wild.
late 19th century: from Dutch kaketielje, probably a diminutive of kaketoe 'cockatoo'.
Definición de cockatiel en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.