Definición de cockatoo en inglés:
1A parrot with an erectile crest, found in Australia, eastern Indonesia, and neighbouring islands.
- Many parrots, macaws and cockatoos are also being driven close to extinction by international trade.
- Surprisingly, parrots and cockatoos can get jealous of other pets, so if there's a new animal in the house be patient whilst your bird gets used to the newcomer.
- When living at the hotel on Thursday Island in 1891 he installed a cage of parrots and cockatoos on the verandah.
3Australian /NZ informal A lookout posted by those engaged in illegal activity: he is alleged to act as cockatoo during these meetings
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They say the louts are working in twos and watching as you leave to go fishing, with one acting as a cockatoo back along the wall, watching for other approaching vehicles.
Definición de cockatoo en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary