1A brimless triangular hat pointed at the front, back, and top.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The cloth cap replaced the cocked hat for duty in 1841, displaying the current device by 1883 and the gold-embroidered visor in 1897.
- They dress in brocade costumes with cocked hats and swords, and they're known as The Immortals.
- When he got closer, he saw with a shock that two were dressed in 17th century clothes, with velvet coats, cocked hats, boots, pistols and swords.
knock something into a cocked hat
- Utterly defeat or outdo something: architecturally, Spencer House knocks Buckingham Palace into a cocked hatMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Well, the local medical practice have just managed to knock that malarkey into a cocked hat, believe me.
- Several of you have written in saying that other countries can not only match England's tally, they can knock it into a cocked hat.
- He knocks all those criteria firmly into a cocked hat.
Definición de cocked hat en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda