adjetivo (cockier, cockiest)
Conceited or confident in a bold or cheeky way: we were young, brash, cocky—we knew everything a cocky playboy with a desperado mustache
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was confident but not cocky and very likable, in a puppy dog sort of way.
- I spoke to him last night to wish him well, and he was confident without being cocky about it, which is always good.
- It is good to walk in with confidence and a friendly smile, but not be overly confident and cocky!
arrogant, conceited, overconfident, overweening, cocksure, smug, haughty, supercilious, disdainful, lofty, patronizing, proud, vain, vainglorious, self-important, swollen-headed, egotistical, presumptuous, lordly, pompous, blustering, boastful, brash, self-assertive, opinionated, bold, forward, insolent
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- About the time he turned 40, the once cockily independent writer had begun collaborating again.
- She told the room - confidently, almost cockily - that the election was in the bag.
- His fellow sellers immediately started packing up their magazines, but he cockily urged them to ‘carry on selling’.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It amused her to see Jason hiding his cockiness and his belief that she would say yes no matter what he did.
- A lot of it is just effrontery, sheer brazen nerve, and a sort of monstrous cockiness.
- He's got that magic combination of 19-year-old cockiness and born-with-it, estate-lad charisma.
Palabras que riman con cockychoccy, flocky, gnocchi, hockey, jockey, oche, pocky, rocky, schlocky, stocky
sustantivo (plural cockies)Australian /NZ
Informal term for cockatoo.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The astute observer would know I wasn't a local farmer because all the cockies in this particular district wear baseball caps sponsored by American chemical companies.
- In the view of most cockies, some of the finest agricultural land in the state comes with an architectural albatross around it neck in the form of the 1830's house which stands on the land.
- The contractors had already sprayed for cockies, fleas, flies and mice but the cockies were guaranteed to re-emerge once the effect of the watered-down spray lost its potency.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán