Definición de codex en inglés:
sustantivo (plural codices /ˈkəʊdɪsiːz, ˈkɒd-/ or codexes)
- The novelist incorrectly refers to the Nag Hammadi documents as scrolls; they are actually codices.
- The only known surviving copy of the gospel was found in a codex, or ancient book, that dates back to the third or fourth century A.D.
- He suggests that they indicate that the stone vessel may have originally contained a Maya codex, or ancient book.
- Nahuatl terms written in alphabetical characters accompany the multitude of indigenous persons, places, and things listed and depicted in the codex.
- A significant group of Frankish legal codices reflects the activity of a small group of scribes presided over by the cancellarius and associated with the royal court.
- The chief judicial authorities must be clergy with advanced training in the codices of Islamic law.
late 16th century (denoting a collection of statutes): from Latin, literally 'block of wood', later denoting a block split into leaves or tablets for writing on, hence a book.
Definición de codex en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.