Definición de coefficient en inglés:
1 Mathematics A numerical or constant quantity placed before and multiplying the variable in an algebraic expression (e.g. 4 in 4xy).
- He extended the applications of the operational method to linear ordinary differential equations with variable coefficients.
- The problem was to find the roots by adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and taking roots of expressions in the coefficients.
- Hermite had posed the problem of finding the minimal values of quadratic forms in n variables whose coefficients were real.
2 Physics A multiplier or factor that measures a particular property: the drag coefficient
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The drag coefficient combines several ballistic properties of typical projectiles.
- This measure of a material's elasticity is called its coefficient of restitution.
- The shading coefficient is the measure of solar heat gain through the window.
Definición de coefficient en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan