- 1 Mathematics A numerical or constant quantity placed before and multiplying the variable in an algebraic expression (e.g. 4 in 4xy).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He extended the applications of the operational method to linear ordinary differential equations with variable coefficients.
- The problem was to find the roots by adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and taking roots of expressions in the coefficients.
- Hermite had posed the problem of finding the minimal values of quadratic forms in n variables whose coefficients were real.
- 2 Physics A multiplier or factor that measures a particular property: the drag coefficientMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The drag coefficient combines several ballistic properties of typical projectiles.
- This measure of a material's elasticity is called its coefficient of restitution.
- The shading coefficient is the measure of solar heat gain through the window.
mid 17th century (in the sense 'cooperating to produce a result'): from modern Latin coefficient-, from com- 'together' + efficient- 'accomplishing' (see efficient).
Más definiciones de coefficientDefinición de coefficient en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.