Definición de coeliac en inglés:
1 Anatomy Relating to the abdomen.
- Iron is absorbed in the proximal small intestine, where celiac manifestations are most prominent; hence, iron malabsorption is common.
- With the exception of nausea and vomiting secondary to stimulation of the celiac plexus, gastrointestinal symptoms are usually absent.
- Abdominal exploration showed that celiac lymph nodes were normal in appearance.
2 Medicine Relating to or affected by coeliac disease: a coeliac child
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The villi in celiac patients have collapsed and fail to absorb nutrients.
- When consumed by celiac sufferers, gluten damages the lining of the small intestine, blocking nutrient absorption and leading to vitamin deficiencies.
- The doctor comments on the high incidence of osteoporosis in coeliac patients and says that this may be a presenting feature.
sustantivoMedicine Volver al principio
A person with coeliac disease.
- Staples such as bread, pasta and flour can be obtained on prescription and many coeliacs can eat a healthy and even enjoyable diet.
- The society estimates that there are possibly 16,000 coeliacs in the country.
- The market has a very good range of gluten free food (muffins, chocolate cakes and gluten free bread) which should suit all coeliacs.
Definición de coeliac en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan