Definición de cogent en inglés:
(Of an argument or case) clear, logical, and convincing: they put forward cogent arguments for British membership the newspaper’s lawyers must prepare a cogent appeal
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Given the scope of Internet use by the general public, this is no longer a relevant or cogent argument.
- The judge rejected that argument in a cogent and wholly convincing judgment.
- There are a number of cogent arguments against fur that do not require descending into this kind of bigoted sophism.
impressive, persuasive, irresistible, eloquent, credible, influential, conclusive, unanswerable, authoritative;
logical, reasoned, well reasoned, rational, reasonable, lucid, coherent, well organized, systematic, orderly, methodical, clear, articulate, consistent, relevant
mid 17th century: from Latin cogent- 'compelling', from the verb cogere, from co- 'together' + agere 'drive'.
- Example sentences
- The author cogently notes that these aims are contradictory - sympathy tends to unify the public; criticism divides it.
- As he has cogently argued, there are also strong voices in the administration urging military action.
- Although aware that the next budget will be an election one, the economists argue strongly and cogently for a fiscal tightening of about 0.5% of GDP.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia