verbo[with object] • formal
- Know or become aware of: we cognize the system of mentally represented rules from which the facts followMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In fact, one way to tell a young soul from an old soul is to observe how quickly he cognizes his error and learns not to repeat the same mistake.
- The distinction between intuitive and abstractive cognition does not depend on the object at all; the very same object can be cognized in both an intuitive and an abstractive way.
- It will also identify and cognize the categories, regularities and principles of warfare in interconnection with the general knowledge about the war.
early 19th century: from cognizance, on the pattern of words such as recognize.
Más definiciones de cognizeDefinición de cognize en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.