- An Irish and Scottish dish of cabbage and potatoes boiled and mashed together.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I like places where you can dine on things like Arbroath smokies with eggs and colcannon [mashed potato with cabbage].
- A dish called colcannon, made from cabbage, potatoes, and milk, was traditionally served on Halloween with a ring, coin, thimble, and button inserted into it.
- Afterwards the guests were treated to traditional bacon, cabbage and colcannon while All Ireland Champion accordionist Teddy Barry played traditional Irish and Scottish airs.
late 18th century: from cole; the origin of the second element is uncertain but it is said that cannonballs were used to mash such vegetables as spinach.
Más definiciones de colcannonDefinición de colcannon en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.