sustantivo (plural colchicums)
- 1A plant of a genus that includes the autumn crocuses.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Colchicum, family Liliaceae
- You also can plant squirrel-proof bulbs like daffodils and colchicums.
- There are two different types of fall blooming bulbs, colchicums and crocus.
- On warm nights they have begun nibbling the freshly emerging foliage of my autumn-flowering colchicums.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The dried corm or seed of meadow saffron, which has analgesic properties and is used medicinally.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So Darwin had his urine tested, followed Bence Jones's special diet, and dosed himself with colchicum, a dangerously corrosive specific for gout.
from Latin, from Greek kolkhikon 'of Colchis', alluding to the skills as a poisoner of the sorceress Medea of Colchis in classical mythology.
Más definiciones de colchicumDefinición de colchicum en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.