- A sheath protecting a young shoot tip in a grass or cereal.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Samples of roots, shoots, coleoptiles, leaves, whole seeds, endosperm, and embryos were taken at the times indicated in the Results.
- The coleoptile and all prior sheaths surrounding the fifth leaf were removed down to the seed.
- However, in coleoptiles, hypocotyls and epicotyls, gravity can be perceived along the whole length of the responding region and there is no such need to postulate any longitudinal transfer of a message.
mid 19th century: from Greek koleon 'sheath' + ptilon 'feather'.
Más definiciones de coleoptileDefinición de coleoptile en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.