Definición de collage en inglés:
1A piece of art made by sticking various different materials such as photographs and pieces of paper or fabric on to a backing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In 1912 Braque and Picasso began to introduce collage and papier collé: this lent a clearer, if schematic, system of reference into a style which had become increasingly abstract.
- The freely crafted arrangements seem to dance in space, revisiting Rebay's fusions of collage and watercolor on paper from early in her career, such as Paper Plastic.
- Abstract expressionism, collage, surrealism, impressionism and the use of other materials were expressly banned.
1.1 [mass noun] The art of making collages.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Students hike, sketch from desert wildlife, take photos, make collages and abstract compositions.
- There were sketches and paintings and collages and images of the tsunami disaster.
- Gabriel Orozco usually installs his photos interspersed with other works - drawings, collages, and sculpture.
1.2A collection or combination of various things: a collage of musical genres
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Unlike these other works, however, this work is less an organized musical collection than a sound collage that works at a frenzied pace.
- For its first UK tour, the company performs Event, a collage devised for each venue and combining repertory dance with elements of a new piece, Views on Stage, which will be premiered in Edinburgh.
- Fluid beats and loosely assembled sound collages colour the third album by Holland's Elisabeth Esselink.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But from what I've read about the past, there were lots of trade schools where sign painters, package makers, letterers, collagists, layout artists, etc. learned their trade and followed something other than pure intuition.
- He was a visual researcher, a cataloguer and collagist, producing densely packed, allusively wired images based on fragmentation and collision.
- Ray Johnson was a natural collagist, one of whose principal activities is bringing disparate entities into conjunction.
Early 20th century: from French, literally 'gluing'.
Palabras que riman con collagetriage • persiflage • fuselage
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda