sustantivo[mass noun] Botany
- Tissue strengthened by the thickening of cell walls, as in young shoots.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Heat-tolerant fescue PI297901 had larger cells and more sclerenchyma and collenchyma (supporting tissue) in between the vascular bundle and epidermal cells compared with PI283316.
- In addition, the xylem - because of its lignification, is a stiffer material compared to the living tissues: phloem, collenchyma and parenchyma.
- Young axes have higher values of structural Young's modulus than do older stages and this is reflected by the presence of fibre tissues, primary phloem fibres and collenchyma placed near the periphery of young axes.
mid 19th century: from Greek kolla 'glue' + enkhuma 'infusion'.
Más definiciones de collenchymaDefinición de collenchyma en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.