Definición de colliculus en inglés:
sustantivo (plural colliculi /-lʌɪ, -liː/)Anatomy
Any of a number of small swellings in the roof of the midbrain, involved in vision and hearing.
- The posterior thalamic or pulvinar nuclei project backwards over the superior colliculi of the midbrain.
- Normally it extends caudally over the superior colliculi of the midbrain.
- Each sensory input is distributed across the superior colliculus to form a neural ‘map’ in a particular layer of the nucleus.
mid 19th century: from Latin, diminutive of collis 'hill'.
- Example sentences
- However, some collicular neurons are known to exhibit ipsilateral inhibitory regions.
- Cerebellotectal pathways in the macaque: Implications for collicular generation of saccades.
- The responses of Müller cells were stronger following intraocular injections of collicular proteoglycan than as a result of the Wallerian degeneration of 80% of retinal ganglion cells.
Definición de colliculus en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan