- 1Hit by accident when moving: she collided with someone two suburban trains collidedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A youth was killed when a passenger train collided with his car on a level crossing in East Yorkshire last night.
- Another train wreck today: California freight train collided with a passenger train.
- The car was shunted backwards by the force of the impact and collided with the black Ford Fiesta directly behind it.
- 1.1Come into conflict or opposition: in his work, politics and metaphysics collideMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Between those two opposing views, ideals collide and friendships are strained.
- But when devotion to principle collides with electoral politics, hard truths must be faced.
- It is a place where history and people and power and politics collide in ways that touch the lives of every American.
early 17th century (in the sense 'cause to collide'): from Latin collidere, from col- 'together' + laedere 'to strike'.