Definición de collision en inglés:
1An instance of one moving object or person striking violently against another: a mid-air collision between two aircraft [mass noun]: his car was in collision with a lorry
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Less than an hour after the Potters Bar crash three people were killed and another two critically injured in a head-on collision between two cars in Llandudno in Wales.
- Three people have died in a head-on collision between two cars in a weekend which also saw two police officers seriously injured in a separate road accident.
- The day after the air crash, he was involved in more drama when he witnessed a head-on collision between two cars.
1.1A conflict between opposing ideas, interests, or factions: a collision of two diverse cultures and languages
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The episode underlined the cultural collision between the free - spirited Rainbow People and traditional Indian culture.
- It's a collision between two very different views of what constitutes ownership.
- But what Pinter's production clearly presents us with is a collision between two different forms of desperation.
2.1An instance of simultaneous transmission by more than one node of a network.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This causes collisions, transmission errors and resultant retries that degrade overall system performance.
- Suddenly network collisions were becoming more and more frequent as backups generally took a larger percentage of network bandwidth.
- Only the computer that has the token controls network communications and thus collisions do not occur.
- on (a) collision course
- Adopting an approach that is certain to lead to conflict with another person or group: nurses are on a collision course with the governmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At Manchester Airport in February a MyTravel Airways plane and a Ryanair aircraft were on collision course before take-off and disaster was averted only by the fast reactions of one of the pilots.
- This move by Falkirk could put the SPL on collision course with the SFA, leading to the long-predicted battle for the control of Scottish football.
- They have studiously avoided playing each other and, on the rare occasions when they have found themselves on collision course, they have side-stepped the issue, claiming injury.
- collisional adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the innermost region of the disk out of which our sun and solar system formed, collisional accumulation leads over the course of several tens of millions of years to the formation of Earthsized rocky planets.
- The Florence team showed that the non-interacting fermions cannot support a DC current, which is what is expected given their special collisional properties and leads to a pinning of the atoms to their local displaced position.
- It is not yet certain whether the high-grade metamorphism and granite formation at c.930 Ma are related to a ‘Grenvillian’ or slightly younger collisional event, or to an episode of rifting and crustal thinning.
Palabras que riman con collisioncircumcision, concision, decision, derision, division, elision, envision, excision, imprecision, incision, misprision, precisian, precision, provision, scission, vision
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda