Definición de colloid en inglés:
1A homogeneous non-crystalline substance consisting of large molecules or ultramicroscopic particles of one substance dispersed through a second substance. Colloids include gels, sols, and emulsions; the particles do not settle, and cannot be separated out by ordinary filtering or centrifuging like those in a suspension.
- And 10 years later he used freezing point depressions to determine the molecular weights of colloids such as gum, Fe 3 etc.
- In lyophobic colloids the particle-solvent interaction is energetically unfavorable and the suspension will sooner or later separate.
- He showed that these materials were long, chain-like molecules and not colloids as previously thought.
1.1 [mass noun] Anatomy & Medicine A substance of gelatinous consistency.
- These techniques offer advantages similar to those of haemodilution but do not require infusions of crystalloid or colloid to preserve blood volume.
- Thus, sentinel lymph nodes can be detected by the injection of blue dye or radioactive colloid around the tumor, which travels to and identifies the first draining sentinel lymph node.
- Cell blocks revealed sheets or clusters of follicular cells and variably sized follicles filled with colloid.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to or characterized by a colloid or colloids.
- Several previous reports have dealt with the experimental and theoretical aspects of depletion aggregation, often termed depletion flocculation, as applied to the general field of colloid chemistry.
- The first cancer had been diagnosed as colloid carcinoma in 1985.
- This assumption is generally verified in colloid science and has been precisely verified for our material only at low concentration of monovalent salt.
- Example sentences
- These wet colloidal negatives had to be prepared on site, so Francis Frith, so the label said, had a special wicker-work dark-room wagon made for his expeditions.
- It is said to be much more potent than colloidal silver, which has a history of use in helping to clear skin infections, including athlete's foot.
- According to some, taking the colloidal herbal medicine was a traditional way to raise energy levels in winter.
Definición de colloid en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary