- 1Elaborate ornamentation of a vocal melody, especially in operatic singing: Penelope bursts into joyful cascades of coloratura [as modifier]: a coloratura ariaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At that audition I did not have any Baroque arias prepared so I sang my usual bel canto coloratura and he hired me on the spot.
- The brilliant coloratura, effortless vocal dynamics, and beautifully rounded tone brought Joan Sutherland to mind.
- Not only does she trill and sing accurate coloratura, she also gives a searing portrayal of Irene.
- 1.1 (also coloratura soprano) [count noun] A soprano skilled in coloratura singing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After retiring as a dancer she turned to singing and began a new career as a coloratura soprano in Italy in 1938.
- I am sometimes surprised that coloratura sopranos ever want to sing this role, since the subtext of it is that what coloraturas do is mechanical: spin the crank and listen to the high notes!
- A dumpy coloratura soprano, her voice was not even mediocre, it was preposterous.
Italian, literally 'colouring', from Latin colorare 'to colour'.
Más definiciones de coloraturaDefinición de coloratura en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.