1Elaborate ornamentation of a vocal melody, especially in operatic singing: Penelope bursts into joyful cascades of coloratura [as modifier]: a coloratura aria
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At that audition I did not have any Baroque arias prepared so I sang my usual bel canto coloratura and he hired me on the spot.
- The brilliant coloratura, effortless vocal dynamics, and beautifully rounded tone brought Joan Sutherland to mind.
- Not only does she trill and sing accurate coloratura, she also gives a searing portrayal of Irene.
1.1 (also coloratura soprano) [count noun] A soprano skilled in coloratura singing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- After retiring as a dancer she turned to singing and began a new career as a coloratura soprano in Italy in 1938.
- I am sometimes surprised that coloratura sopranos ever want to sing this role, since the subtext of it is that what coloraturas do is mechanical: spin the crank and listen to the high notes!
- A dumpy coloratura soprano, her voice was not even mediocre, it was preposterous.
Italian, literally 'colouring', from Latin colorare 'to colour'.
Palabras que riman con coloraturaAngostura, Bonaventura, bravura, Bujumbura, caesura, camera obscura, curer, Dürer, durra, Estremadura, figura, fioritura, Führer, insurer, Jura, juror, Madura, nomenklatura, procurer, sura, surah, tamboura, tempura, tourer
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda