- The first secretion from the mammary glands after giving birth, rich in antibodies.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Antibodies acquired through colostrum at birth are critical to the newborn's health, but only last three to six months and while present can block the immune response to a vaccine.
- Similar proportions of mothers in both groups began breast feeding within 12 hours of birth and reported feeding colostrum.
- As the first milk that comes from a cow's udder, colostrum is rich in growth factors, antibodies and high-quality protein, making it a potentially valuable supplement for bodybuilders.
late 16th century: from Latin.
Más definiciones de colostrumDefinición de colostrum en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.