sustantivo (plural coltsfoots)
- A Eurasian plant of the daisy family, with yellow flowers which appear in the early spring before the large heart-shaped leaves. It is used in herbal medicine for the treatment of coughs and respiratory disorders.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tussilago farfara, family Compositae
- Besides picking the more familiar lemon balm, coltsfoot and mullein, I found myself picking honeysuckle flowers for their antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- In fact, a replica of the coltsfoot flower used to be placed above the doorway of Pharmacies in Paris, as an emblem of effective medicine.
- Even on a late February afternoon, spring flowers were already well in evidence, especially butterbur, coltsfoot, dog's mercury, barren strawberry and even the odd primrose.
mid 16th century: translating medieval Latin pes pulli 'foal's foot', with reference to the shape of the leaves.
Más definiciones de coltsfootDefinición de coltsfoot en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.