A marine animal with a jellyfish-like body bearing rows of fused cilia for propulsion. They are typically small planktonic animals and are noted for their luminescence. Also called ctenophore.
- Phylum Ctenophora: two classes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The comb jelly introduced to the Black Sea via the shipping industry in the early 1980s, now comprises up to 95 percent of the biomass in the Black Sea.
- One of the most extraordinary and convincing examples of cryptic female choice occurs in the comb jelly Beroe ovata.
- When Leidy's comb jelly was introduced to the Black Sea from the United States in 1990, an absence of competitors and predators allowed this jellyfish-like organism to flourish.
Definición de comb jelly en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.