1The process of burning something: the combustion of fossil fuels [as modifier]: a large combustion plant
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although greenhouse gases come from many sources, fossil fuel combustion is the prime human-induced source.
- Twenty-five percent of total worldwide emissions come from fossil fuel combustion.
- More traditionally, wood gas has been used to drive internal combustion piston engines.
1.1 Chemistry Rapid chemical combination of a substance with oxygen, involving the production of heat and light.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Heat causes combustion by increasing the oxidation rate of the fuel/oxygen mix.
- Enols are less stable than carbonyls, and standard combustion mechanisms assume that they do not play a role.
- Nitroglycerin is an explosive because no outside source of oxygen is needed for its complete combustion.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the title role, she was pure combustive passion.
- As spats go it was a fairly combustive one, and one which could have had a bloody conclusion when the veteran gunslinger and the new kid on the block met for their showdown in the Gleneagles Hotel dining room.
- We believed the fireballs were a result of the carbon particles, oil, and combustive gases causing explosions in the exhaust cans, and the explosions created back pressure, resulting in hung stalls.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda